the Dave Dameshek Foot

in where to buy nike foamposite 11.08.2018 09:16
von elaine95 • 37 Beiträge

Nick Nurse spent almost three decades paying his coaching dues Mike Hughes Vikings Jersey , toiling with teams in Britain, Italy and Belgium, college basketball and the G League.

The chance he’s long coveted has finally arrived.

Nurse has agreed to become the next coach of the Toronto Raptors, a person with direct knowledge of the hire told The Associated Press on Tuesday. Nurse will be replacing his former boss, Dwane Casey – under whom he spent the past five seasons as a Raptors assistant. Casey was fired after the Raptors were swept out of the second round of this year’s playoffs by Cleveland.

Nurse and the Raptors were completing contract terms Tuesday Kerryon Johnson Youth Jersey , according to the person who spoke to AP on condition of anonymity because the agreement had not been announced. ESPN first reported the hiring.

The move seems to suggest there will be at least some continuity between what the Raptors have been doing and what they’ll do on his watch. Toronto went 59-23 this season, the best record in the Eastern Conference and second-best record in the NBA behind only Houston – and Nurse was in charge of the offense, led by All-Star guards DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry.

The decision comes a month after Casey was let go and one day after he was hired by the Detroit Pistons as their new coach. The Raptors always raved about Casey’s work ethic, and Nurse took note.

”I’ve learned a lot about preparation from him, the seriousness of attention to detail Kolton Miller Raiders Jersey ,” Nurse told Canada’s Sportsnet in February. ”He’s been around the league a long time and he’s seen it all. That’s the biggest thing. We have to prepare the players and can’t leave any stone unturned. We have to know everything the other team is doing and really work hard and grind it out.”

Nurse graduated from Northern Iowa and got his first head coaching position at Grand View College when he was only 23 – some 27 years ago. He spent more than a decade in Europe, was an assistant coach for Britain at the 2012 London Olympics, is a past G League coach of the year and coached Rio Grande to that league’s title in 2013.

Justin Edmonds/Getty ImagesMartellus Bennett played for five different teams during his 10-year NFL career, so it's no wonder that he always felt like an outsider no matter where he went.The former tight end discussed the problem on the Dave Dameshek Football Program podcast (via Austin Knoblauch of NFL.com):"I never felt at home at any of the places that I played, honestly. I looked at myself as a consultant. So my job was to go into wherever this place was that needed a tight end and I would consult at the tight end position until they found another tight end better than me or my consultation was over Breeland Speaks Youth Jersey , then I had to go consult somewhere else."Bennett announced his retirement from the NFL in March.The 31-year-old spent the first four years of his career with the Dallas Cowboys after the team took him in the second round of the 2008 draft. However, this was his longest stretch with any team, as he moved on to stints with the New York Giants, Chicago Bears, New England Patriots and Green Bay Packers.His time with the Packers was especially contentious Rashaad Penny Youth Jersey , as he was released after just seven games last season."I did think he quit on us," safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix said of Bennett, per Jason Wilde of the State Journal. "He let us down鈥攁s a teammate."Although not every situation was similar鈥攈e was a key part of the Patriots' run to a Super Bowl title in 2016鈥攊t's clear he never truly fit in with any organization.Bennett also explained that playing in the NFL is "not full-time employment" for a specific team, but instead only filling a role for as long as needed. With the number of players changing teams in trades and free agency, this doesn't seem far from the truth..

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Humphreys
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 997 Themen und 997 Beiträge.